Looking for a little something more than the standard bean burrito? Look no further -- this 'Beef' Burrito will have you never craving a fast-food bean burrito again! You can use this 'beef' in tacos, quesadillas, and on salads too!
Here’s our take on this Tex-Mex staple, made with our very own Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit!
Yields: 1 burrito
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 min
- 3/4 cup prepared Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3 tbsp mild taco sauce (we used Old El Paso Crunch Dinner Kit)
- 2 tbsp Rotel (or tomatoes + green chilies)
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1/4 cup any long grain rice
- Cilantro to taste
- 3 tbsp lime juice
For the Burrito
- 1 10" tortilla
- Vegan cheese
- Vegan sour cream
- Black beans
- Roasted corn
- Combine Neokit with taco seasoning and pan-fry Neokit with oil for about 7-10 minutes or until browned; break apart into crumbles.
- Mix in taco sauce and Rotel, simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
Cilantro Lime Rice
- Cook rice as described on the package.
- Remove rice from the heat and mix in chopped cilantro and fresh lime juice.
- Optional: add fresh lime zest for some extra flavour!
Making Your Burrito
- Layer rice & Neokit onto your tortilla.
- Top with black beans, salsa, vegan cheese, corn, vegan sour cream, lettuce, and guacamole. Be cautious not to over fill your burrito!
Wrapping Your Burrito
- Fold in the sides of your burrito towards the centre.
- Wrap the bottom of the tortilla over the filling, tucking in the tortilla tightly under your filling.
- Roll the burrito towards the top of the tortilla.
- Optional: Sear your burrito on both sides with a tbsp of oil for a crispier exterior!
We’d love to hear how this recipe turned out for you! Let us know in the comments below! And tag @NeophytoFoods on Instagram to share your delicious creations!