Here’s an easy game-changing dish that is perfect for a weeknight meal! Flavoured with Fermented Bean Paste, Sichuan peppercorns and our very own Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit, this delicious Vegan Mapo Tofu is a dish that will be enjoyed by everyone!
Yields: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 10 min
Total time: 25 min
- ½ cup Neophyto Foods: Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit
- 1 box of store bought tofu, diced
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ cup scallions, chopped
- 2 tbsp Doubanjiang (Fermented Bean Paste)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice wine
- 2 cup water
- 10 Sichuan peppercorns or 3 tsp peppercorn powder
- 2 tsp sugar (or to taste)
- ½ tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Follow the instructions for preparing the Neokit™.
- To fully drain your tofu, place a sheet of paper towel on top of it, and then lay a cutting board (or anything as flat and heavy) on your tofu for 15 minutes. Drain the water and dice the tofu.
- Over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté our plant-based ground meat to your wok and cook until the mixture turns white.
- Add Fermented Bean Paste and minced garlic to the wok. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add water, rice wine and Sichuan peppercorns to the wok. Cook over medium-high heat until it boils. Add soy sauce, sugar and diced tofu. Then, add some flour to help the mixture thicken.
- Finally, plate your Mapo tofu and garnish with chopped scallions and peppercorn powder to taste. Enjoy it on steamed rice. What a quick and delicious meal!
We’d love to hear how this recipe turned out for you! Let us know in the comments below! And tag @NeophytoFoods on Instagram to share your delicious creations!
Leave a comment