As a Canadian, not eating poutine is a hard thing. That's why we've teamed up with Veg Cheese to bring you the ultimate Philly 'Cheesesteak' Poutine! Now, being a Canadian has never tasted so good; these salty, cheesy curds pair perfectly with the meaty texture of Neokit. Once you get a bite of this, traditional poutine will never be the same again!
Here’s our take on this Canadian classic, made with our very own Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit!
Yields: 1 serving
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 35 min
- 1/2 cup prepared Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit
- 2 Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1/2 cup VegCheese cheese curds
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1/4 green pepper, sliced
- 1 pack vegan brown gravy mix
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 2/3 cup oat milk
- 1 slice dairy-free cheddar
- Cut your potatoes as rustic or as precise as you’d like, soak for about 20 minutes in cold water, and pat completely dry.
- Place your potatoes in the air-fryer or convection oven for about 15 minutes at 350°F tossed in 2 tbsp of oil.
- Follow the instructions for preparing the Neokit™.
- Sear green peppers, onions, and Neokit in a pan with paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- Prepare brown gravy mix in a saucepan as directed on the label.
- Melt vegan butter in a saucepan stirring in the flour until combined.
- Stir in oat milk and cheese until thick and glossy!
Assembling the Poutine
- Layer the fries, cheese curds, gravy, the onion + pepper + Neokit mixture, & then cheese sauce
- Bon appétit!
We’d love to hear how this recipe turned out for you! Let us know in the comments below! And tag @NeophytoFoods on Instagram to share your delicious creations!