Want a simple dish yet full of flavours? Try this Korean-style Jajangmyeon today!
You can enjoy this yummy takeout favourite from the comfort of your own home! All you need is Chunjang (blackbean paste), our Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit and a few simple pantry staples!
Ready to enjoy the rich black bean sauce mixed with the aroma of sautéd onions, the meatiness of our Plant-Based Ground Meat, and freshly sliced cucumbers... Caution, you won't stop eating!
Yields: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 min
Black Bean Sauce and Plant-Based Meat
- Neophyto Foods: Plant-Based Ground Meat (½ bag)
- 1 extra large onion
- 8 ounces zucchini
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- Salt and pepper (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 5 tablespoons Chunjang (춘장)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon potato or corn starch dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
- 1 small cucumber for garnish - optional
- 3 to 4 servings fresh jajangmyeon/udon noodles
For the Noodles
Have a pot of water ready to cook the noodles. Turn the heat on when you start cooking the blackbean sauce. This way you will have the boiling water ready, and have cooked noodles by the time the sauce is made!
For the Black Bean Sauce and Plant-Based Meat
- Dice the onions and zucchini into 1/2 - 3/4 inch cubes.
- Follow the instructions for preparing the Neokit™. Add rice wine, ginger, salt and pepper to the prepped Plant-Based Ground Meat.
- Over medium heat, add cooking oil to the pan. To create minced vegan meat, add spoonfuls of the Plant-Based Ground Meat to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Add diced onions and zucchini into the pan and sauté until softened.
- Add the Chunjang (blackbean paste) to the pan and mix well until all ingredients are coated!
- Add 1 cup water to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the starch slurry and cook briefly until the sauce is thickened. Add sugar to taste. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- Boil the noodles in a separate pot according to the packaging instructions.
- Add the blackbean sauce on top of the cooked noodles. Garnish with sliced cucumber. Enjoy!
Recipe Inspired By:
Hyosun Ro, Korean Bapsang, Jajangmyeon (Noodles in Black Bean Sauce)
We hope you enjoyed this easy vegan Lasagna Bolognese recipe. Let us know how your lasagna turned out in the comments below! And don’t forget to share your delicious creations with us on social media: @NeophytoFood!
The best plant based ground meat ! And it’s Canadian. We will order again and again , this is my second order and this will be a staple in our pantry! Thank you Neophyto Foods!
Leave a comment