Yields: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 35 min
Black Bean Sauce
- Neophyto Foods: Plant-Based Ground Meat (½ bag)
- 1 extra large onion
- 8 ounces zucchini
- 5 tablespoons Chunjang (춘장)
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 tablespoon potato or corn starch dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
- 1 small cucumber for garnish - optional
- 3 to 4 servings fresh jajangmyeon/udon noodles
For the Noodles
Have a pot of water ready to cook the noodles. Turn the heat on when you start cooking the blackbean sauce. This way you will have the boiling water ready, and have cooked noodles by the time the sauce is made.
For the Black Bean Sauce
- Dice the onions and zucchini into 1/2 - 3/4 inch cubes.
- Add with a tablespoon of rice wine, ginger, salt and pepper to the prepped Plant-Based Ground Meat.
- Add cooking oil to the pan, add spoonfuls of the Plant-Based Ground Meat to create minced vegan meat in the pan over medium heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes till browned.
- Add diced onions and zucchini into the pan and sau·té till softened.
- Add the blackbean paste to the pan and mix all the ingredients together.
- Add water to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the starch slurry and cook briefly until the sauce is thickened. Add sugar to taste. Turn off the heat.
- Boil the noodles in a separate pot according to the packaging instructions.
- Add the blackbean sauce on top to cooked noodles. Garnish with sliced cucumber. Enjoy!