Get ready to be blown away by these simple, yet flavourful vegan burgers! On a low carb diet? Not to worry, swap the bun for a lettuce wrap. These tasty burger patties can stand by themselves!
We used our protein-packed Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit
to make these patties and added a few more ingredients to complement the flavour. The Spicy BBQ Sauce helps pull everything!
Yields: 2-3 servings
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 min
- Neophyto Foods: Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ finely chopped onions
- ½ tablespoon chilli powder
- ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ⅓ cup olive oil for frying
Spicy BBQ Sauce/Spread
- 4 tablespoon ketchup
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder (adjust to taste)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoon water
- Optional: 1 tablespoon Neocheese (for a more spread-like texture)
Burger Buns and Condiments
- Burger buns
- Lettuce (adjust to your taste)
- Sliced tomatoes (adjust to your taste)
- Sliced red onions (adjust to your taste)
- Ketchup (adjust to your taste)
- Mustard (adjust to your taste)
- Pickles (adjust to your taste)
Follow the instructions and prepare your vegan burger patties using our Neokit™. Thoroughly mix all patty ingredients (except olive oil!) in a bowl.
- Shape the plant-based ground meat mixture into single patties.
- Heat up your pan and add olive oil.
- Pan-fry your patties in olive oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes per side until brown.
- In a small saucepan, mix together all ingredients of the Spicy BBQ Sauce/Spread starting with ketchup and ending with water. Cook for 10 minutes on low heat. To give your BBQ a more spread-like texture, we recommend adding in 1 tablespoon of our Neocheese! *Pro-tip: Make a larger batch of the spicy BBQ sauce to store and save for later!
- Assemble your burger with buns (or lettuce wrap) and chosen condiments. Enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. Don’t forget to share your creations with us on social media: @NeophytoFoods!