This vegan Lasagna Bolognese is layered with so many delicious flavours. It’s a definite crowd pleaser (even omnivores will love it!) and super easy to make. Just follow the steps below and voilà!
For this recipe we used our Craft-It-Yourself! Plant-Based Ground Meat and neoCheese to achieve the taste and texture of a classic lasagna! And of course, you can easily swap the veggies to suit your liking!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 80 mins
- Neophyto Foods: Craft-It-Yourself! Plant-Based Ground Meat (1 pack)
- neoCheese (for the top and final layer)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 peeled carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- Pinch of finely grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 10’ x 5’ non-stick loaf pan
- 12 sheets of lasagna (or depending on your preference)
For the Noodles
Follow the package instructions and cook the lasagna noodles.
For the Bolognese Sauce
- Add olive oil to the non-stick pan over medium heat and sauté chopped onion, carrot and celery stalk until softened.
- Add the Craft-It-Yourself! Plant-Based Ground Meat to the pan and cook till solid and browned.
- Add white wine, tomato paste, soy sauce, bay leaf, nutmeg and Italian seasoning to the pan. Turn up the heat to medium-high and stir well for 1-2 minutes. Finally, add almond milk to the pan and mix well.
- Cover the pan and turn the heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes till the bolognese sauce is thickened.
For the Lasagna
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Oil the non-stick pan.
- Create the lasagna layers in the non-stick pan. Start with one layer of lasagna noodles and then a layer of bolognese sauce. Repeat till your pan is ¾ full.
- For the final layer, top with the neoCheese mix (neoCheese, salt and a pinch of Italian seasoning) for a cheesy finish!
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 375ºF till the top is golden.
- Set for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Recipe Inspired By:
Bon Appétit, BA's Best Bolognese
We hope you enjoyed this easy vegan Lasagna Bolognese recipe. Let us know how your lasagna turned out in the comments below! And don’t forget to share your delicious creations with us on social media: @NeophytoFood!