You may have found your favourite vegan cheese, but you might need a little something else to spice up your pizza night! This Spicy 'Sausage' Pizza is the perfect plant-based pizza for the whole family - and a great way to incorporate some veggies and protein while enjoying a delicious meal!
You can use this spicy 'sausage' recipe on more than just pizza too - it works great in salads, sandwiches, bowls; the opportunities are endless!
Here’s our take on this Italian classic, made with our very own Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit!
Yields: 1 Medium Pizza (12 inches)
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
- 2/3 cup prepared Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Peri Peri sauce
- 1 tsp Sriricha
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Tomato sauce
- Veg Cheese's Fresh Mozz (or your favourite vegan cheese)
- 1/4 cup caramelized onions
- 1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
- Fresh basil
- Your go-to pizza dough recipe! (or store bought to save time!)
- Follow the instructions for preparing Neokit™.
- Mix together maple syrup, soy sauce, Peri Peri, Sriracha, garlic powder, paprika, thyme, and salt and pepper.
- Simmer the marinade over low heat until it begins to bubble, approx. 5-7 minutes.
- Break Neokit into small crumbles and mix together with the marinade.
- Once fully combined, place on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 6-8 minutes.
- Spread tomato sauce evenly across pizza dough.
- Layer with vegan cheese, sautéed onions, mushrooms, and spicy 'sausage'.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes, or until pizza dough is golden-brown.
- Top with fresh chopped basil.
- Optional: add arugula and balsamic glaze for some extra umami!
We’d love to hear how this recipe turned out for you! Let us know in the comments below! And tag @NeophytoFoods on Instagram to share your delicious creations!
Leave a comment