Get ready to jump into the spring state of mind with these bright, refreshing, and super flavourful Vietnamese Spring Rolls! You can put just about anything into these springs rolls - from mint leaves to mangos, there's no way to go wrong! Just leave it to the peanut sauce to bring all the flavours together, and you've got the perfect spring-time snack.
Here’s our take on this classic sweet and savoury Vietnamese dish, made with our very own Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit!
Yields: 10 Spring Rolls
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Total time: 20 min
- 1 cup prepared Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit
- 1/2 tsp lemongrass spice (optional)
- 1 tbsp Hoisin sauce (or vegetarian oyster sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sriracha to taste
Filling + Rice Paper
- 10 rice paper/sheets
- 100g Vermicelli rice noodles
- Mango, sliced
- Carrots, sliced
- Red cabbage, sliced
- Cucumber, sliced
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Thai sweet & spicy sauce
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce (optional)
- tbsp rice vinegar (optional)
'Beef' + Noodles
- Follow the instructions for preparing Neokit™.
- Mix Neokit with lemongrass spice, garlic, and salt & pepper.
- Cook on medium-high heat and break apart into crumbles in the pan. Sear for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once browned, add Hoisin sauce & Sriracha & cook on low for one more minute.
- Cook Vermicelli noodles as indicated on the package, or for 8 minutes in boiling water.
- Dip rice paper in warm water for about 5-10 seconds, or until rice paper is soft and workable.
- Place your rice paper sheet on a plate and pile on mangos, red cabbage, mint, basil, cilantro, cucumbers, noodles, and Neokit in the centre of your rice paper sheet. Be cautious not to overfill your spring rolls!
- Once all fillings have been placed, wrap the bottom of the rice paper over the filling.
- After, wrap both sides of the rice paper over the filling towards the centre.
- Next, tuck in the filling tightly from the bottom and begin rolling towards the top of the rice paper sheet.
- Whisk together chunky peanut butter, Thai Sweet & Spicy Sauce, hot water, light soy sauce, and rice vinegar until all ingredients are combined.
We’d love to hear how this recipe turned out for you! Let us know in the comments below! And tag @NeophytoFoods on Instagram to share your delicious creations!