These Thai Cabbage Wraps are perfect for a light lunch or an appetizer - and are completely guilt-free! These wraps are high in protein and low in calories and carbs, as well as super flavourful, so consider making a little extra in advance!
Even better, they’re completely customizable to what you already have in your pantry; you’ll only need cabbage (or lettuce), our Neokit™, & 20 minutes. If the flavour palette isn’t for you, feel free to get creative with ingredients of your choice - for example, try garnishing with taco with or a shawarma toppings. The possibilities are endless!Yields: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
Total time: 20 min
- 1 pack prepared Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- + 8 leaves cabbage or lettuce
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 8 sprigs cilantro (or to taste)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
For the filling
- Follow the instructions for preparing the Neokit™.
- Over medium-high heat, cook NeoKit in a hot skillet until browned. Add mushrooms and onion and cook until vegetables are softened.
- Add soy sauce, Sriracha, ginger, garlic, and vinegar. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, for about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in sesame oil, seasoning with salt and pepper
- Evenly divide mixture amongst 8 cabbage leaves; garnish with carrots and onions on top, as well as green onions, cilantro, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes.