This vegan French Toast with Orange Marmalade Syrup recipe is a fun and creative twist on a brunch (or breakfast!) classic. Made with cinnamon spice and topped with fresh citrus fruit and our neoCheese, it’s definitely a new favourite.
Yields: 4 slices
INGREDIENTSVegan French Toast
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 4 slices bread
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup of Original Flavour neoCheese
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder and 1/4 cup almond milk.
- Dip each slice of toast in the French toast batter for about 20-25 seconds on each side, allowing excess batter to drip.
- Preheat your pan to medium heat (~350 degrees F / 176 C) and grease with 1 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Place your battered toasts on the pan and cook until golden brown on each side under low heat.
- Combine all the Orange Marmalade Syrup ingredients in a small saute pan over high heat and cook until caramelized – do not stir just yet!This will take about 7 minutes.
- Next, turn to medium heat, start stirring and cook your syrup until it’s thick enough to serve.
- Stack your golden brown French Toasts on a plate.
- Top with the zesty orange marmalade syrup and our neoCheese for a delicious flavour profile! Don’t forget to garnish with fresh orange slices for an insta-worthy bunch.