Looking for a fancy dinner? These Vegan Italian Stuffed Peppers are so colourful and full of flavour! And the best part? They’re healthy too!
For this recipe we used our Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit to achieve the savoury taste of the classic Italian Stuffed Peppers!Yields: 4 servings
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 50 min
- 1 cup Neophyto Foods: Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pepper, chopped (for the stuffing)
- 1 can small diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 6 bell peppers
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ white wine (optional)
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- To make the stuffing containers, start by chopping off the stem of the peppers and cutting them in half. Core the peppers by removing and discarding the seeds and inner membranes. Set aside the cored peppers.
- For the stuffing, add olive oil to the pan over medium heat and sauté the chopped onion, garlic and pepper until softened.
- Add the Neokit™ to the pan and cook until solid and browned. Add canned diced tomatoes and white wine to the pan and mix everything together. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to the pan and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and start stuffing your peppers with the prepared filling.
- After the peppers are stuffed, place them onto your baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until peppers are tender.
We’d love to hear how this recipe turned out for you! Let us know in the comments below! And tag @NeophytoFoods on Instagram to share your delicious creations!