Here’s a plant-based dish that everyone will love! Easy to make, packed with protein and loaded with flavour!
For the protein, we used our Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit – the perfect meat substitute for this classic dish!
Yields: 2 servings
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 min
Are you ready to get sloppy? Here’s what you will need:
- Vegan Burger Buns x 4
- 1 cup Neophyto Foods:
- Neophyto Foods: Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit
- 1/3 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ bell pepper, chopped
- ½ tbsp tomato paste
- 1tbsp ketchup
- 3 tbsp water (adjust according to the consistency)
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Follow the instructions for preparing the Neokit™. Set aside.
- Over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté onion and bell peppers for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic to the pan and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add your protein (prepared plant-based ground meat) and cook until slightly light brown.
- Add tomato paste and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add ketchup and water to the pan. Mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir regularly. Once you have the consistency you’re happy with: a thick paste, turn off the heat.
- Serve your finished mix on toasted buns and enjoy!
We’d love to hear how this recipe turned out for you! Let us know in the comments below! And tag @NeophytoFoods on Instagram to share your delicious creations!