If you’re looking for comfort food, these Vegan Swedish Meatballs will not disappoint! Perfect for both vegans and non-vegans – these warm and delicious meatballs are made using our very own Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit. The rich and creamy gravy can be made using your choice of plant-based milk and vegan butter, added to a few other simple, but deliciously pleasing ingredients!
Yields: 3 servings
Prep time: 60 min
Cook time: 15 min
Total time: 75 min
Vegan Swedish Meatballs
- 1 cup Neophyto Foods: Neokit™ - Plant-Based Ground Meat Kit
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil OR ¼ cup vegan butter for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ soy milk/almond milk
- ¼ cup vegan butter
- 1 tbsp blended sautéd onion and mushrooms (optional)
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pepper to taste
- Follow the instructions for preparing the Neokit™.
- Sauté diced onion and mushrooms until browned. Cool for 10 minutes.
- In a blender, add most of your sautéd onion and mushrooms mix and set aside ~ 1 tbsp for the gravy. Add in chopped cilantro, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and blend until you don’t see any chunks.
- Add your blended mix to your prepared Plant-Based Ground Meat. Mix well.
- Chill the meatball mix in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Shape the mix into bite size meatballs. Pan fry in olive oil or vegan butter of your choice!
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix in all the ingredients for the gravy and bring to boil.
- Once you see bubbles forming in the pan, whisk or move the pan regularly until the sauce thickens.
- Take the saucepan off the heat once the sauce is your ideal consistency.
- Drizzle the gravy over your finished Swedish meatballs and Enjoy!
We’d love to hear how this recipe turned out for you! Let us know in the comments below! And tag @NeophytoFoods on Instagram to share your delicious creations!