Location: Toronto / Guelph / Remote
At Neophyto Foods, our goal is to make it easier for everyone to choose foods that are delicious as well as kind to the planet. When the plant-based cheese products at the grocery store failed to meet our own cheese loving standards, we created our own. The results were so good that we decided to share them with others! Today, we use our food science ingenuity to make plant based versions of everyone’s favourite foods without compromising on taste, texture or sustainability.
We are a group of experienced builders and scientists working towards a common mission, at the intersection of food and technology.
We’re growing rapidly and are currently looking for a talented Business Development & Operations Co-Op to join our core team. In this role, you’ll be helping us grow and manage our sales pipeline as well as improve internal operational efficiency. Success in this role requires a rare combination of analytical problem solving, operations instinct, interpersonal skills, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get dirty.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Make an impact at an early stage fast-growing startup, working closely with the co-founders
- Build, execute, and optimize omni-channel communication and outreach strategies with prospects in various stages of the customer journey
- Conduct initial meetings with prospects
- Collaborate with the marketing team to test new creative sales and marketing strategies
- Research and contact new suppliers when needed
- Coordinate with suppliers to obtain new quotes and samples of products
- Assist with organizing and managing current inventory requirements
- Review current practices to identify areas that can be made more efficient
- Monitor shipping and delivery schedules as needed to ensure efficient delivery of goods
- Work on other strategic projects or ad hoc tasks as required
You should have:
- Relentless grit & drive – Demonstrated persistent nature and experience overcoming objections. You have a natural tendency to do everything as well as it can possibly be done.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A hunger for learning and drive for excellence
- Strong organization skills & attention to detail
Bonus, if you have:
- Access to a vehicle and/or possess a valid driver’s licence
- Entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial experience
- Experience in business development, sales, account management, partnerships, channel development, or marketing
- Experience using various prospecting, lead generation, and communication tools
- Background in the food & beverage industry, hospitality, food-tech, consulting, or CPG
- Experience using tools such as Hubspot and GSuite
- Startup experience or desire to contribute toward a startup organization as an early employee
- Personal development
- Flexible remote working environment (may require in-person coordination with supply chain partners within adequate safety and comfort levels)
- Work closely with founders
- Registered as a domestic student in a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Must have a work-integrated learning component within their study plan.
In your cover letter, please indicate your physical location during the winter semester and whether you have access to a vehicle.
Is this you? Apply through your school's job board now!