Location: Toronto / Remote
At Neophyto Foods, our goal is to make it easier for everyone to choose foods that are delicious as well as kind to the planet. When the plant-based cheese products at the grocery store failed to meet our own cheese loving standards, we created our own. The results were so good that we decided to share them with others! Today, we use our food science ingenuity to make plant based versions of everyone’s favourite foods without compromising on taste, texture or sustainability.
We are a group of experienced builders and scientists working towards a common mission, at the intersection of food and technology.
We’re growing rapidly and are currently looking for a talented Digital Growth Specialist to join our core team. You’ll be part of a tight knit team and will be collaborating with the marketing team to understand and improve on the Neophyto digital experience.
Past Shopify experience is mandatory and interest in analytics, SEO, UX and UI are strongly encouraged.
In this role, you are primarily responsible for creating beautiful and high converting Shopify landing pages, as well as contributing to the Growth Marketing conversion rate optimization initiatives. You will contribute to the growth, the engagement, and the loyalty of our customer base. Success in this role requires a rare combination of creative and technical skills, and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get dirty.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Make an impact at an early stage fast-growing startup, working closely with the co-founders
- Execute online merchandising activities and promotions in line with digital, creative and sales strategies
- Translate requirements and mockups to Shopify using HTML/CSS/JS/Liquid
- Support the delivery of the online vision by drilling into the data provided by Shopify, Google Analytics, and other channels
- Understand existing SEO and content strategies and implement site based plans as needed
- Drilling into the data provided by Google Analytics and other analytics platforms to understand customer habits
- Assist with customer retention initiatives such as email campaigns and templates
- Understand online consumer purchasing trends that can be integrated into our e-commerce platform
- Continually optimize the site for maximum speed and scalability
- Troubleshoot, debug and address other QA issues
- Work on other strategic projects or ad hoc tasks as required
You should have:
- Relentless grit & drive – Demonstrated persistent nature and experience overcoming objections. You have a natural tendency to do everything as well as it can possibly be done
- Experience with Shopify platform mandatory, bonus to have experience with Klaviyo
- Proficient knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS/Liquid
- Experience with Google analytics
- Solid understanding of SEO
- Experience contributing to the betterment of user experience with the creation of conversion-optimized landing pages
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A hunger for learning and drive for excellence
- Strong organization skills & attention to detail
Bonus, if you have:
- Entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial experience
- Experience in growth or digital marketing, or front-end web development
- Understanding of graphic design for marketing purposes
- Background in the food & beverage industry, food-tech, consulting, or CPG
- Startup experience or desire to contribute toward a startup organization as an early employee
- Personal development
- Flexible remote working environment
- Work closely with founders
Because we are applying for a grant for this position, there are certain requirements that we have to adhere to:
- Post-secondary graduates
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Not previous participants of a federal youth employment program
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada*
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Available to work for at least six months (until Mar 2021)
*Refugee protection must be conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. Persons awaiting refugee status, as well as those who hold a temporary visitor visa, student visa or work visa, are ineligible for this grant.
Sounds like you? Send us your resume and cover letter / portfolio to email@example.com!